Solar water heating technology is fast emerging as the most energy -efficient and inexpensive method of water heating in Kenya and perhaps the only solution to today’s challenge of increasing energy costs, rising pollution levels and rapidly depleting energy sources.
With cost and energy savings like never before, Mayu solar water heating systems address heating requirements for varying family sizes, climatic conditions & building types.
Mayu solar water heaters work on thermosiphon principle, a highly trusted and efficient system of water heating. Based on phenomenon of natural convection, water stored in the collector heats up by solar energy, becomes lighter and rises naturally into the tank above. At the same time the cooler water in the tank flows down the pipe to bottom of the collector, and this circulation continues to occur naturally, resulting in overall temperature rise of water stored in the tank. Through the thermosiphon principle the fluid circulates without the necessity of a mechanical pump.
Vacuum tubes are the absorber part of solar water heater, consisting of double-layer coaxial glass tubes, made from extremely strong borosilicate glass 3.3, the inner tube coated by absorber selective coating, which absorbs solar energy and converts it into thermal energy for water heating. This type of tube is chosen as its reliability, efficient performance and low cost. More and more people regard vacuum tubes as their first choice in water heating.
The heat pipe is hollow with the space inside evacuated, the same as vacuum tube. In this case insulation is not the goal, but rather to alter the state of the liquid inside. Based on the principle of water boiling at a lower temperature with decreased air pressure. The heat pipes used in our solar collectors have a boiling point of only 25°C. So when the heat pipe is heated above 25°C the water vaporizes. This vapor rapidly rises to the top of the heat pipe and transfers the heat. As the heat is exchanged at the condenser top, the vapor condenses to form liquid and returns to the bottom of the heat pipe at once and then repeats the process.
1. A perfect combination of vacuum tube and heat pipe, dry connection, special used high pressure system.
2. Start speed is quick
3. No water in vacuum tube, it can effectively prevent lowing of heat efficiency due to frost cracking or scaling.
4. Frozen protection, can be used in -50°C condition.
5. Each individual tube work independently, the whole collector can still work if tube damaged.
• Inner tank: Stainless steel, 1.2mm thickness.
• Outer tank: Color steel, 0.4mm thickness.
• Digital Intelligent controller
• 1 ½ inch copper element with thermostat
• Vacuum tube: 58/1800mm, ALN-AIN-SS/Cu coating.
• Heat pipe: Red copper.
• Heat transfer fin: United Aluminum sheet.
• Working pressure: ≤ 6 Bar.
• Insulation layer: Polyurethane foam 50mm, 41kg/m3 density.
• Support: Painted galvanized steel